Hey guys, we have just created a small utility/tool/photoshop-script which will come in handy to you guys. Its called Insert Current Filename.
Its a Photoshop Script that basically inserts current file-name into a new layer (top of the heap) of the current file. So if you ever need a script, which on click of a button would add your filename into a text layer within the psd file, this script will be handy for you.
How to Install “Insert Current Filename”:
- Download the ZIP file by clicking here. (~4kb)
- Extract to a temp location
- Copy two files “TS Insert FileName.jsx” and “TS-insert-filename.html” to “Adobe Photoshop CS#/Presets/Scripts/” folder
- This step will need Admin privileges
- *** Make sure to copy both files as mentioned above. ***
How to Run this photoshop script:
- Restart Photoshop
– file -> script should now have an new option of “TS Insert FileName”
- Open any image file
- Run file -> scripts -> “TS Insert FileName”
- A setting popup appear
- select the font size of the text you prefer
- Decide if you want to include the file path?
- Decide if you want to include the file extension?
- Click Insert.
Insert Current Filename script tested in:
1. Windows/Photoshop CS5
It would be great if you guys can give me your feedback on the script, like your PS version, did it work or had any issue, etc.