We are back with a new script, this time it’s time to Time Slice Pictures.
What is Time Slice Photography?
Check out some cool examples below
Thus, Time Slice Photography is basically taking pictures of the same place, at different times of the day. Once we have all the pictures taken, select the best of the lot, maybe do some color correction, and then create slices such that we get 1 full images made up of various slices.
What Does this Photoshop Script/Software Do?
Well, once you have all the images in an ‘in’ folder, just run the script. The script will ask for ‘input’ folder,’output’ folder, ‘output file’ name. Just provide the input and relax, while the script does the difficult part for you. The script will create the photo slices based on the number of images found in the input folder. The script processes all images one by one and finally outputs a single jpg file, which is the final result of Time Slice Photography.
Thus making life easy for any photographer looking for a Time Slice Photography for his/her work or portfolio.
Now, let’s see the Photo Slicing Script in action below in a demo video. All images are thanks to Mr. Kirti Mandalaywala.
How to Install this Time Slicing Script:
- Download the ZIP file containing the photoshop script to time slice by clicking here. (~4kb)
- Extract to a temp location
- Copy file “TS-Time-Slice.jsx” to “Adobe Photoshop CS#/Presets/Scripts/” folder. – This step might need Admin privileges
How to Run this Time Slicing Script/Software:
- Restart Photoshop
– file -> scripts should now have a new option of “TS-Time-Slice“
- Open any image file
- Run file -> scripts -> “TS-Time-Slice“
- A setting popup appear
- select the input folder
- select the output folder
- input the filename required
- Select pattern of slicing, four patterns available in this version, more to be added in later versions
- Horizontal Slices – Top to Bottom
- Horizontal Slices – Bottom To Top
- Vertical Slices – Left to Right
- Vertical Slices – Right To Left
- Click ‘Time Slice It’.
- Sit back, and relax, while the script does the Time Slicing for you.
Time Slicing Script/Software Tested in:
1. Windows/Photoshop CS5
Limitation of version:
The free version of Script is limited to an image size of 1024px. Buy Pro version to remove this restriction.
This time slicing photography script is provided ‘as-is’ and so you use it at your own risk.
It would be great if you guys can give me your feedback on the script, like your PS version, did it work or had any issue, etc.
(Image courtesy www.nightscapes.pl )